What's new

International Recievers (1 Viewer)

Adil M

Supporting Actor
I had a customer come in and ask where to get receivers which could be used both here and in countries like Europe w/ the differetn power ratings. I told her she could get an adapter, but she didn't care to. She wanted to buy a whole HT setup, but needs a receiver which will work in both situations. I believe the Onkyo 989 has the ability, but I was not going to screw her w/ it's price.

Fredrik E

Stunt Coordinator
I'm afraid there aren't many audio products sold where you can switch between 120 and 230 volts.

I think the best idea is to buy a big transformer (unfortunately not cheap), or buy the equipment in the country that you move to.

JackS

Supporting Actor
AFAIK, all mfg.s make such equipment, An example would be the AFEEs catalog in which all electronics are dual voltage enabled. Since most people are not authourized to shop military exchanges, I would suggest a few phone calls to large retailers in port city's such as NY or LA etc. Also note that a premium will no doubt be charged and also a significant hit on the length of the warranty. It may turn out that such an order would be "special order"only ,and a wait of up to several weeks for delivery may be the norm.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
She said she was in the military or something and that was her only option at the time. I know when I looked on the internet a 500 watt down transformer could be gotten for 23 dollars.
Too bad I won't see her again, she was cute.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks