What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A quirky little espionage caper produced in 1941 before the United States’ entry into World War II, Tim Whelan’s International Lady might be a tad short on thrills, but its top-notch cast deals playfully with the material at hand and makes it more entertaining than it has any right to be.

International Lady (1941)

Released: 16 Oct 1941
Rated: Passed
Runtime: 102 min

Director: Tim Whelan
Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama

Cast: George Brent, Ilona Massey, Basil Rathbone
Writer(s): Howard Estabrook, E. Lloyd Sheldon, Jack DeWitt

Plot: The film opens with a German air-raid over the skies of London, and moves to the attempts of the F.B.I. and Scotland Yard investigators trying to circumvent the attempts of a sabotage ring dedicated to impeding the flow of American a

IMDB rating: 6.6...

Continue reading...

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Thanks, Matt! This is one I have to admit I've heard of over the years but never actually seen. I like all of the stars so it's one I'll finally be able to try.

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I don't recall having seen this film either but this review makes it sound interesting.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Thanks for the review Matt, I received my copy today and really enjoyed it. Great cast with Rathbone and Zucco, and there is good chemistry between the three leads. I had to turn the sound down when Ilona Massey sang. Good quality blu ray of a film I hadn't seen before, a keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks