What's new

Internal wiring question (1 Viewer)

Cameron_Peck

Stunt Coordinator
I was thinking about using Goertz MI cable as the internal wiring for my next set of speakers. Has anyone done this? If so, did it make a difference and was it worth the money? What wire do you recommend for internal wiring?

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
To answer your question: I have not done it myself. It all comes down to the age old wiring debate. If the internal wiring in your speakers is the weakest link in your wiring path (including the quality of the crossover components) then it may be worth spending the money if the cost isnt a concern. If it isnt the weakest link then save your money and use less expensive but still good quality wiring.

The nice thing about internal speaker wires is the fact that the runs are fairly short and it wont break the bank to use some nice wire if the rest of your system can "support" it.

Cameron_Peck

Stunt Coordinator
So what wiring would you suggest? I have been using North Creek Music’s suggestion of Tef-Flex AG for tweeter and midrange and Lex 10 AWG OFHC for woofers.

Brian Knauss

Stunt Coordinator
Sound King 12 guage or some cheap equivalent. That's my opinion at least.

10 guage for a short run to a woofer? That seems overkill for smaller guages being able to handle the amount of current that would run through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks