What's new

internal test tones vs. disk test tones (1 Viewer)

Jason Co

Second Unit
If you calibrate your speakers with the receiver's internal test tones should it match the readings from a disk? If it doesn't which is the more accurate measurement? I have a feeling this is strictly a matter of opinion, but I would like to hear the reasoning behind it. I used the internal test tones with my Denon 3802 and it seems fine, but I just wanted to find some other opinions.

Jason

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
Calibrating with a DVD will provide the most accurate measurement for DVD playback since both will follow the same signal path.

Jason Co

Second Unit
Okay, that sounds logical to me. My next question is when calibrating with a disk on the Denon 3802 how do you get the OSM and see the calibration DVD at the same time?

J

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
The OSD is only viewable thru the S-Video or composite connections on a 3802. If you do not have the S-video hooked up for your DVD player, a couple of cheap composites will do in a pinch. Just make sure you switch back to component to adjust the video.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks