What's new

Intermittent sound from dvd player (1 Viewer)

Randy_Ro

Auditioning
I'm using both digital dvd inputs (coax and optical) on my receiver, one for the dvd player and the other going to the digital out on my pc's soundcard (for mp3 playback). After playing mp3's and firing up the dvd player, I cannot get any sound to play until I unplug the digital coax connection that the pc uses, then the dvd audio will instantly kick in. Any ideas on why this is happening? It's kind of a pain to keep plugging/unplugging the coax connection all the time.

Thanks

Marc Rochkind

Second Unit
Here's my guess: The receiver has two digital inputs, but they are assigned to one input source, and it wants one or the other. When the coax is in use, the optical is disabled.

Maybe there is something in the receiver's menus that allows you to assign the two digital inputs to two different sources (e.g., CD and AUX, or CD1 and CD2). Then you could switch with the receiver's remote instead of unplugging.

Randy_Ro

Auditioning
I guess that's possible, but I make sure there is no signal going to the coax before I fire up the dvd player.

I'll check my receiver manual, but I don't think there is a way to switch between the two.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks