What's new

Intermittent problems (1 Viewer)

Todd Lambert

Auditioning
Hello My Children,
I have a Denon AVR-5600 only about a year old. Anyway, the receiver turns on and when it clicks on to the "A" speakers no sound. Now if I turn it on and off a couple of times it will go on, but why have then? So what do you think? Blown fuse maybe something I can fix? It's not a cheap receiver so I'm a little hesitant of cracking the case. - Todd L.
------------------

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Todd,
First, welcome to the Forum!
Have you recently made any changes with the speakers, like move them, replace them, or change speaker wire? It sounds like a short in the speaker wires.
Verify all connections at the receiver and each speaker, especially is you do not use banana plugs or spade lugs. A single stray strand making a connection to the other wire is enough the activate the receiver’s protection circuits.
Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Todd Lambert

Auditioning
Thanks for the welcome. I know it isn't the speaker wire I've checked it already. I think it may have to do with the switch that sends the power to the speakers. I was just hoping someone has had similar probs. -Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks