What's new

Intermittent Buzzing (1 Viewer)

MatthewC

Grip
I am running my entire system through a Monster HTS3600 powercenter. Lately I have encountered an intermittent buzzing sound from my speakers, and it is driving me crazy! I tried separating the AC power cords from the speaker wires (monster cable). I also tried to separate the coax cable away from the speaker wires from my DSS reciever as much as I could. When the problem first started, it was basically when I was using my DSS reciever, but now I can hear it when I am using my DVD player also. The only part of the system that is not running through the powercenter is my subwoofer, which is plugged into a different outlet because of it's location in the room. Any suggestions or help would be deeply appreciated!

MatthewC

Grip
No Doug, the only piece with a 3 prong plug is my powercenter, and I have already tried to use a 2 prong adapter with no results

Matt_Doug

Stunt Coordinator
2 prong adapter on your power center is a very bad idea as you're basically rendering the surge protection ineffective. I believe its your cable/dss not properly grounded. but to make sure disconnect everything from your receiver and reconnect a component at a time each time listening for buzz. If its your cable/dss you need to make a service call or invest in a catv isolator. Its been my experience anything with a RF modulator like TV/VCR/Cable/Satellite and anything connected to it like a DVD, polutes the system signal ground which you can here as buzz.
Good luck

MatthewC

Grip
Thanks for the info Doug. I went outside this morning to check my DSS ground. I have the dish grounded to a separate 8 ft. copper grounding rod sunk into the ground. Today I am going to redo my entire rack and move the reciever to the bottom in an effort to isolate the speaker cables from the AC power sources. I also tried an old monster surge protector I had laying around with no positive results. The only items connected to my reciever are the speaker cables and 3 optical cables, which I have already tried to switch around hoping I had a bad one. I have also tried switching DSS recievers hoping that was the problem.

Matt_Doug

Stunt Coordinator
Double check your DSS manual I believe its required you ground your satellite dish to your house ground or at least tie the ground stake you use for your satellite dish back to your house ground. Please consult an electrician or your DSS supplier for details. If, as you claim, there are no other ground paths connected to your receiver like shields or return wire on analog audio, video or digital coaxial cables or even a metal rack that is somehow grounded then the problem maybe internal to your receiever. I've heard of bad optical cables causing sound drop outs but never buzz
Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks