What's new

Pre-Order Intermezzo: A Love Story (1939) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
191543_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PMF

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched this one this afternoon. It's a mostly beautiful transfer with just a few dust specks and a bit of black crush in a couple of images. Otherwise, it looks wonderful, and the mono sound is nice giving the title melody very respectable resonance.

After watching Ingrid in her American film debut, I then put in Warners' DVD of the 1941 Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde to see her play against type as the bad girl. It's not one of her better performances as she attempts to lay a Cockney accent on top of her natural Swedish accent, and it doesn't work. I wish she and Lana Turner had been cast to type to play the girls they were born to play, but the casting does give this version some interest.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I watched this one this afternoon. It's a mostly beautiful transfer with just a few dust specks and a bit of black crush in a couple of images. Otherwise, it looks wonderful, and the mono sound is nice giving the title melody very respectable resonance.

After watching Ingrid in her American film debut, I then put in Warners' DVD of the 1941 Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde to see her play against type as the bad girl. It's not one of her better performances as she attempts to lay a Cockney accent on top of her natural Swedish accent, and it doesn't work. I wish she and Lana Turner had been cast to type to play the girls they were born to play, but the casting does give this version some interest.
Matt,

Thanks for reminding me that I have to watch this disc too. Not enough time for so many movies.

Reactions: PMF

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell

I also thought it looked beautiful. I had never seen the film before purchasing this disc and really loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks