interlaced and progressive explained..

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by CraigC, May 18, 2004.

1. CraigC

CraigC Auditioning

I read a post, or article on the differences and how they work awhile back on the forums and now I can't seem to find it anywhere, I searched for it and couldn't find it either.... anyone remember the post(s)? any help would be much appreciated.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Craig, the below-linked article by HTF administrator Michael Reuben is included in the permantly posted Home Theater Forum FAQ and Primer, edited by HTF administrator Vince Maskeeper:

"Anamorphic" DVD explained.

This FAQ/primer is permantly posted at the top of the Basics area main thread-listing page. It contains a wealth of basic information presented in easy-to-understand prose. Consult it often, and you will do just fine.

3. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I appreciate the plug, Jack, but that section doesn't deal with progressive vs. interlaced. Ted's link directly addresses the question and has excellent illustrations.

M.

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Ooops. My neurons misfired midpost, starting with a notion about interlaced/progressive scanning and morphing into 16:9-encoded DVDs. Yes, I was really together yesterday. [​IMG]