What's new

interlace>VGA converter? (1 Viewer)

Stephen_Ri

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, I'm considering buying a Princeton Arcadia 31" ar3.1; this is not the AV model so it only has a d-sub input. It supports up to 800x600 and accepts 480p and 1080i through the d-sub(it must downconvert 1080i?). What I need is a device that lets me use my av equipment on this monitor. I need composite and s-video at least and component would be good forthe DVD player(480i). Any suggestions? I've seen the XRGB2+, and it fits the bill,but I'd prefer to spend less. PS I know the real way to go with this is HTPC but that'll have to wait for now. I've heard of set top boxes that act as a switcher for these and output everything in RGBHV, but I'm on a tight budget so I'm not sure I could afford one. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Stephen

Stephen_Ri

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks. On the first one, the TV-4000, it says it converts up to 640x480, 800x600, and 1024x768. Does this mean it scales up? Is the picture going to fill the whole screen if I set the both this converter and the monitor to 800x600? Have you any idea what kind of image I'm going to see as far as quality? Sorry to bambard you with questions but I'm trying to decide about getting this monitor tomarrow.

adamKI

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, it will scale composite and s-video signals to 800x600 the and from your description, ar3.1 should take that as a full screen image (I can't find specs on anything but the 3.1-AV which has all kinds of inputs). Not sure of the quality you're going to get with a 31" screen but I would expect an S-Video feed to look fine.

You won't be able to take advantage of high definition material or Progressive scan DVD players, however. For that, you'd need to step up to the avt-3700 or something similar. Or you could get a high-def set top box that has RGB output (I belive there's an RCA mdel that does that).

Good luck,

adam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks