What's new

Interference (1 Viewer)

RossMomm

Auditioning
I have a Pioneer VSX-516 7.1 surround receiver, and I have it hooked up to my computer using a Monster cable. I get a constant low frequency humm, its extremely anoying and I would really like to get rid of it. Its connected to teh line out on the computer and CD in on the reciever. Any ideas? I've tried moving the cable, buying new cable, using my laptop, but I always get that humm. Thanks for your help

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Are you using a Digital Coax, Optical Audio, or RCA cable? I would generally recommend avoiding Monster cabling, as you can often purchase far superior cabling for 1/3rd of the price.

You may want to consider purchasing a surge protector with voltage regulation. APC and Tripp Lite have excellent surge protectors for around $80. Better yet, the APC H10 offers power conditionning for under $300, which offers noise filtering.

Also, many PC's with onboard audio you will be able to hear an audible humm from the circuitry or power on the motherboard. This can often be eliminated by purchasing a dedicated SoundBlaster audio card.

RossMomm

Auditioning
I'm using RCA cable, I have tried hooking up the cable to the cdrom drive, just right to teh front connection same hum, would a deticated card help this you think, I"ll go out and get one right now.

RossMomm

Auditioning
I just tried another computer, and I get the same humm, sound. I dont know how to explain it, its like a buzz but it changes frequency and sometimes it will almost go away for a split second then jump back in. I treid rerouting teh wire around away from any other cables, didn't help, I tried moving the computer didnt help, I tried moving speakers, reciever, unplugging things, nothing helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks