What's new

interference problem with interconnects (1 Viewer)

Dael

Auditioning
I have a Pioneer DV09 running into the Component1 input of my Toshiba 40X81. The interconnects are Tributaries cables.

My picture in DVD viewing exhibits a very slight interference pattern that can best be described as being a slight shimmering---on all picture aspects, bright, dark, fast movement, stills...it just looks as if the whole picture is suffering from a noise pattern (have no confidence in how well I am explaining this!). When the set was ISF'd last year, Michael swapped out the Trib cables for a generic set of cables that came with the television and the problem was gone. I went back to the Trib cables meaning to get it looked at by my dealer (he sold me the cables and they were several hundred dollars), but lo and behold, several weeks later when I got around to checking again before he came over the problem was gone. Now, almost a year later, the problem is back. I have tried the Trib cables into Component2 (or whatever Toshiba calls it these days), and there is the same problem. The problem does not exhibit itself at standard viewing difference, and in fact is almost imperceptible unless one is paying close attention at a short distance and/or is getting the set recablibrated which is what I am doing next week. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be the problem?

Thanks for reading.

dael

JackS

Supporting Actor
This is a longshot but one I think I would try. Remove all AV cables you have connected to the back of the set except for the components. I would suppose a bad or poorly insulated adjoining cable might cause the problem you describe. Easy to do and worth a try. Best of luck

Howard_S

Supporting Actor
If nothing serious is wrong in the way of the components, cables, or cable connection itself, you might want to try cleaning up your power. The main difference between cables is the shielding. I would try other/supposedly better cables and see if the problem disappears but since your cables are pretty good you might want to clean up the power. Another easy way to do it is to try swapping the Tributaries for a much lesser cable and see if the problem is increased. If it is so then you might benefit from a cable upgrade. Better cables should reduce the problem as well as cleaning up the power. Eventually you hope the problem disappears.

Dael

Auditioning
i have removed all cables except for the tributaries; problem still exists, but only about 50 percent of the time...cannot seem to find a correlation between turning the dvd player on/off, as the interference is there sometimes and sometimes starts when the player has been on for a while....have swapped the tribs for lesser cables, and problem is gone....

dael

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks