What's new

Interesting...THE ELEPHANT MAN...No chapters (1 Viewer)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
This is a first, I think, for a major studio release. At first, I noticed the inner sheet had no chapter listing. Now upon playing it, there is only one chapter (the skip function does not work).

This is a bold move on Paramount's part. This is a very unique film, and to glance over it would be a shame. The only question is, who requested it ? Lynch, Brooks, or Paramount?

RayG

Stunt Coordinator
David Lynch most likely requested it. He did the same thing with The Straight Story DVD from Disney.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
There's already a couple of threads about this; use the Search function. BTW, Lynch wanted it that way.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
The Forrest Gump LD has the same set-up with regard to chapters. I think the intent is that the movie is meant to be seen in one viewing (except for side and disc changes:) ). I respect the choice if it's the filmmakers.
Take Care,
Chuck

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
It is interesting that stops aren't included, but, on the other hand, this isn't the kind of movie where one is more likely to skip to scenes such as a sci-fi movie (Episode I), for example.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Quote:

After all, this is a "feature" that's on every videocassette ever sold!!

--------

aha! I knew that VHS had some good points!

Jay Blair

Second Unit
Come on now, Mr. Lynch, who are you trying to fool? My DVD player scans at 20x speed. I love your movies, especially The Elephant Man, but if I or anyone else really wants to speed through one of your films, it's not all that hard. And please, Mr. Lynch, don't forget about that program button. Click, click, click, zap...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks