What's new

Interesting Scorpion King tid bits... (1 Viewer)

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Courtesy of the IMDB -
  • Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) did all his own stunts.
  • During filming, Johnson knocked out co-star Michael Clarke Duncan. I wonder if the Li Vs. Snipes posters read this?! :)
  • This movie is a prequel of a sequel of a movie that was a re-make of another movie that was made 70 years ago. Huh? :confused:
Troy

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Interesting: Engaging the attention; exciting, or adapted to excite, interest, curiosity, or emotion
:laugh:
Just kidding.
This movie is a prequel of a sequel of a movie that was a re-make of another movie that was made 70 years ago.
Prequel = The Scorpion King takes place before the timeframe of The Mummy Returns.
Sequel = The Mummy Returns
Remake = The Mummy (1999)
70 year old "another" movie = The Mummy (1932)
--
You gotta love those overzealous IMDb submissions. :)
I'm still holding out hope that The Scorpion King could be a "fun" stupid flick instead of a "stupid" stupid flick. We shall see.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
"I've come for the girl......and your head"
I just can't see the appeal of casting a wrestler in a motion picture.
I see it comes out in a few weeks, has anyone heard anything about the actual film yet? If it tanks then I'm guessing the Rock's acting career is going to be cut rather short, well his film acting anyway ;)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering the same thing "will this be Conan-like and in that way FUN, or is this just more Mummy Returns crap".
For me one of the worst parts of Mummy Returns is that they turned Rock into a CGI monster. You take a guy cast for his fighting ability and outright on-screen charisma and hide it all behind CGI.
Good thinking. :rolleyes
So if SK lets Rock be Rock they might just have something. He can't be worse than early Arnie, and he did well enough for Conan to be a great film.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I have to agree with Nick. Rock has no business carrying a feature film, even one that looks as wretched as this. He's just plain bad. He can fight onscreen, but when he opens his mouth, it's all over. I don't see this movie making any money, unless people get tricked into thinking it is a sequel to The Mummy, with the same cast. Looks like bomb city.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
If the Rock manages to remember that he's in The Scorpion King and NOT in "WWF in Egypt!" he'll be OK. After all, he does a pretty good job of assuming the persona of The Rock.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I heard The Rock is already signed for another movie called The Bounty Hunter, a comedy/action movie like Midnight Run.

~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks