What's new

Directors Interesting Question (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
While watching the never-ending Lawrence of Arabia last night, I came up with two interesting questions:

1. If you had to watch a movie continuosly for every waking hour of the rest of your life, what would it be?

2. If you were the devil and you wanted to punish someone by making them watch a movie continuously for the rest of eternity, what would it be?

For me, the first one would be Fight Club and the second would be Lawrence of Arabia. What do yous think?

DanaA

Screenwriter
I'm going to take a bit of liberty with your first question and answer Lonesome Dove which I know is really a mini-series, but it is long.

To the second question, I would answer Sophie's Choice, because it is too depressing to take over and over.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'd like to know how you found Lawrence of Arabia to be boring.

Anyways...

The one movie I'd have no problem watching for infinity would be City Lights. Lovely film!

I'd punish someone by making them watch "Manos: The Hands of Fate" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

Ike

Screenwriter
1.Probably Taxi Driver. I don't know why, but it seems like the one.
2. Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, though after 3 watchings, their eyes would melt, and their ears bleed, so how they'd sustain for eternity is beyond me. :D

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
To completely contradict your choice for the answer to question number two, I will state that my answer to question number one would be:
Lawrence of Arabia! (with Taxi Driver a close second)
Do you really think that Lawrence of Arabia is so bad that making someone watch it repeatedly would be the worse punishment the Devil could dish out? :confused:
This hardly seems like punishment to me! To the contrary!

LaCinda

Auditioning
It's A Wonderful Life...yeah I know it is sappy but I love it.

Punishment one? Hhhmmm...maybe Police Academy.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
1. 1,2,3 (1961 Comedy starring James Cagney as a beleagured Coca Cola executive in cold-war West Berlin).
2. Magnolia--my nominee for all-time nails-scratching-on-a-blackboard irritating movie.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
1. I'm tempted to say The Third Man, but I think I'll go with La Belle Noiseuse which features plenty of Emmanuelle Beart nudity!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

2. It's a toss-up between Batman & Robin and Armageddon. Both are wastes of good celluloid.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I had a period of time where I watched Rushmore over and over again, so I would select that.
I'm fairly sure that repeated exposures to Baby Geniuses has been known to cause a variety of medical maladies, so I would punish someone with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks