What's new

Interesting Pan and Scan format notice on AMC Channel (1 Viewer)

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
I recorded the tribute to Denzel Washington on American Movie Classics and after it ended the following movie entitled French Kiss had a format warning that stated "This film has been modified from its original version. It has been formatted to fit this screen and edited to run in the time allotted for content. Director Lawrence Kasdan opposes all such modifications as a distortion of the original version.

That last part caught my eye as something new not usally found on those warnings. Maybe Hollywood is finally paying attention to the OAR campaign. ;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Very interesting indeed!

Although, AMC has no business showing P&S in the first place.

They must think that film buffs who prefer OAR are nocturnal, they only show films in their OAR's at night. I guess they figure it's "safe" to show them at 2 am without getting bombarded with complaints. :rolleyes

Still, that disclaimer is intriguing, never saw one like that before.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Let's hope we see this in the near future:

This film has not been modified from its original version and has not been formatted to fit this screen and edited to run in the time allotted for content, because director Lawrence Kasdan opposes all such modifications as a distortion of the original version.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I'm hoping for this one myself:

This film has not been modified or edited and will contain no tragically hip people interspersed throughout waxing on about their love of movies while this channel attempts to make money by selling commercial time despite the aforementioned tragically hip people's claims of their appreciation of movies while appearing during the film that clearly indicated AMC's lack of respect for the original vision of the filmmakers. Lawrence Kasdan was not harmed in the airing this film.

:D

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Here's one.

You should really be watching other channels like TCM that preserve the integrity of film. Why are you still here?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
By actually showing it mis-formatted, the disclaimer amounts to:
...Director Lawrence Kasdan opposes all such modifications as a distortion of the original version, but #@&* him. We don't care what he thinks and neither do you if you watch it.

Regards,

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Ken here. It's nice that they have a disclaimer, but really is just saying "screw him". :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks