Interesting HS Geography Lesson

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Chu Gai, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Click here and check out the taped remarks. Almost reminded me of a HS teacher I had back in the late 60's.

2. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Well Hitler was an excellant public speaker and orator, very impassioned: strong body language, hand gestures, shouting, sweating, slamming his fists into the podium. In comparison Bush's public speaking is extremely "laid back". he uses almost no hand gestures, his words are evenly spaced and unrushed, he thinks, sometimes for a few moments between paragraphs, and Is always seen calm & collected. Their "eerie similarities to the tones they use" are not there. Whats eerie is a highschool teachers misunderstanding of the word "similarity".

And Bush's foriegn policy speaches aren't really in the same league as Hitler's. Imagine "State of the Union 2002" to the 37th power and you'd be close.

3. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    i love rants. especially ones trying to justify the ability of foreign countries to bomb the US for producing tobacco. makes me wish i was in high school again to "debate" with him.

CJ

4. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

I think the young man who made the recording was quite admirable in his questioning, trying to to ground the teacher's rant into something of a substantive debate. Too bad the teacher did not answer his questions with anything but new-age "it's all in how you feel about it" relativism, the sort that allows someone like that teacher to rationalize anything he wishes to force on his captive audience. I've said it before and I'll say it again - If we keep watering down the definition of "crimes against humanity" to mean just about everything, it will soon mean just about nothing and then we are all in trouble.

5. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Didn't like him saying the WTC was a viable target because of a CIA and/or FBI office being there. My brother-in-law would have died that day had he not come into work 20 minutes later than normal. [​IMG]