What's new

Interested parties for a meet in Orange County/LA Area (1 Viewer)

Tom Young

Agent
Looking forward to the meet. I'll be there. If there is anything you need, send me an email. I have bean bags just waiting for an invite!

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Dang, I haven't been around so I missed out on this, no problem as Ron already posted the final list. Still I'm interested in Gregg having a look at my set since he's gonna be in the area (sent you a PM Gregg).
Have fun folks ;)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm there for sure. Still debating on whether or not to invite the SO. Now that it looks like there's fewer women going, might just have to tell her that this is "boys night out" or some other lame machismo term. ;)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Carlo,
Bring her along. John is bringing his wife so that will at least give my wife a little company.
Of course they'll just sit around and talk about how obsessed we all are with this HT hobby:)
Peace Out~:D

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Well, it looks like I fell asleep at the wheel on this one. Been so busy I forgot to check up on this thread. Hope you guys have a great time.
I loaded myself up with information on front projection at CES a few weeks ago and I'm looking at 4th quarter for a purchase (when the first 2nd generation DLP units come out, utilizing the new Texas Instruments HD2 chips)When I'm up and installed I'll have you all over. I can seat 15 or more
but you know that already :)

L. W. Cobb

Agent
Needless to say, I feel stupid (and disappointed) for not checking this area of the HTF more often. It would have been great to see all the HTF members I've met at previous meets. I'm sure you'll be a great host, Ron, and I know your meet will be a great succcess.

Somebody take some pics, and post them on the Forum for us to see. Give us a review of the festivities.

Have fun everyone!

(BTW, I can't wait to experience Mr. Tolsky's newest setup! No doubt it will be top-shelf, and we're priviledged that he wants to share his A/V passion with like-minded folk. Thanks for your efforts on behalf of us SoCal HTFers, David!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Sorry guys, but I am all booked up. Unfortunatly, the Green Room is small, along with my house. If anything opens up, I'll post it here.
When I'm up and installed I'll have you all over.
Count me in on this one David, I look forward to it.
Thanks for the great comments L.W.:)

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Larry, great to hear from you again! I know I'm deviating from the original post here but I just want to take this opportunity to thank you Larry. At the meet last summer, you donated the autographed copy of Superman for one of our lucky members. That was a total class act. I knew getting involved in this HT thing was a good move because I got to meet great people like you and the rest of the class folks that attended the meets.
Thanks for the kind words on the system. I only wish I can really afford to go "top shelf" but alas, the kids still eventually have to go to college and we still need to furnish a few rooms in the house!
That said, DLP front projection is improving by leaps and bounds and the first generation native 16 x 9 projectors have come a long way in improving on color, rainbows, and black levels. I've been given the spousal green light on front projection (Thank you Bruce Springsteen for your 2-dsc E-Street Band dvd!! :D ) so I've decided to wait for TI's new chip later this year.
I'm rambling here, so just wanted to say you guys are the BEST, and have a great time at Ron's. Tom Y., kiss that cute baby for me ;) I expect to read a full report in a few weeks!

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Guess I too need to check this thread more often. Yes I'll be there and my wife is coming along.

Ron, if you need anything brought, let me know and I will be more than happy to help.

Hmmmm? What are the thoughts for what we watch? Do we bring discs that we personnally think are special, or Ron do you have something planned? Thing again, there might be something special all together. Nuff said.

I too will have to have a get together, but later this year after the improvements to the room--just last week finally got two sofas to outfit the room. With the new sofas can squeeze in 8, then there is always portable chairs and the floor. This weekend I plan on hanging the three new surround brackets. Then the big one later on will be when the new processor comes so I can start ripping the walls down to install the new rack and hide all the wires. Can't wait.

See ya soon.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Everyone is more than welcome to bring anything they want to watch. My DVD collection is not the largest, so bring'em if you'd like.
I really have nothing special planned. Just wanted to get some of us locals together to meet, hang, watch a movie or two and have fun.
Take a look at my collection via the link below and if you have something I do not, feel free to bring it.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
By the way guys, for those of you who like I do, don't check this area nearly often enough, I started a thread in forum feedback asking if it was possible to add e-mail notification for an AREA like this, as opposed to just a particular thread. Obviously that wouldn't work well for a busy area like Software, but for Local Meets it would be perfect. Please add your support to the thread if it's still active.
{EDIT} Parker says the software can't handle it... so disregard! :frowning:

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Hey Ron, I agree first and formost, the meeting, hanging, and having fun is the main purpose of your gathering. Here is a thanks ahead of time for letting us come over. I personally plan on making sure I have lots of fun. It will be a good time for all of us.

I had another thought--oh boy, watch out now! As we did at Dave's last year, how about for those interested, we take a little time to do a quick trading or bargaining of DVDs and whathaveyou? Can't say I have anything to bring I want to trade or unload, but will go through my itty bitty collection and see. But if someone has something I want, that is a different story. What do you all think? But first, is this okay with you Ron?

JohnG

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Oh great, now I really wish I could be there. I have some sealed dvd's I need to trade off, like Lawrence of Arabia, Die Hard 5-Star, Fight Club, Apocalypse Now Redux, etc. that are doubles of ones I already have.Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
David,
My condolences on your dvd storage problem. I know how it is with a growing family, growing dvd collection, etc. As a fellow valley resident, I will go above and beyond and offer to take those storage hogs off your hands. I don't have any of the titles mentioned, so it won't be quite as painful to help in this instance.
:D

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Feel free to bring anything and everything you guys want to sell or trade.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.