What's new

Interested in a TN, Miss, Georgia, Little Rock, Charlotte Tour by Gregg Loewen? (1 Viewer)

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Greg- Since it sounds like you'll be doing a Nashville area tour in June, that would probably be my best bet if I want to get my set calibrated by you. I'm actually closer to Huntsville, AL than Nashville, but I'm nowhere near Mobile, AL. I would estimate I'm about 90 miles from Nashville.

For a direct view set, I'm curious what your calibration efforts would normally consist of. Obviously there's less tinkering than with an RPTV (as reflected in your price), so what types of tests/adjustments do you normally do for a direct-view set?

Thanks for any information you may be able to provide.

Steve K.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Steve, for direct views:

Geometry adjustment, over scan and image centering

Correction of red push (where applicable)

Disabling of SVM (where applicable)

centering of front panel controls

adjust of front panel controls via the service menu

adjust of grey scale to 6500 K D.

KevinB

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone else interested? We are getting close to the required number of participants. Thanks, Kevin

Chris Biggs

Stunt Coordinator
I am also interested in a Nashville area calibration tour. I have the Pioneer SD-533HD5. Can you correct color decoder problems as well?

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
HI

I am in San Diego right now. I have just responded to about 6-8 requests for calibrations. Looks like I will be coming all the way up to Little Rock too.

Please email me for details or to join the tour.

Regards

gregg

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
just a quick note,

Looks like:

Tennessee

Georgia

Little Rock AR

and Charlotte NC

Duane H

Agent
For those planning to take advantage of Gregg's calibration services on this tour, please sign up with him (and pay the $50 deposit) soon. I have done so and would like to be assured we have enough on board to make it doable for him. Thanks!

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit
Gregg don't forget to give me a call when you get to Atlanta! I don't need a calibration other than get the jelly and peanut butter off the TV screen, but ya might want to stop by and hear the sonosub as it was intended (we rearranged the front room...its MUCH better now)
:)

I would be interested if you were planning on being anywhere near Johnson City, Tennessee. I might know of a few others that would be interested as well. I have a Toshiba 65HX81.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
HI Robert, send me an email, or give me a phone call (207 778 5417). Im sure I can work in a few extra :)
Gregg

Scott Hollander

Auditioning
I would certainly like Gregg to consider Birmingham, AL as a stop on the May tour. I have a TW40X81 that I would love to have calibrated. In addition I am having a Direct TV system installed along with a Sony HDTV receiver for HiDef reception on 4/10 which would make calibration even more essential. In any case I have sent Gregg an E-mail and hope that a stop in Birmingham could be added.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi!

The tour dates will be during the first 2 weeks of June. Yes, I can come to Alabama, provided there are a few calibrations to do there. Send me an email if interested.

Regards

Gregg

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Greg- I've posted in this thread previously and indicated preliminary interest in having you calibrate my Sony 32" Wega direct view TV. I'm about halfway between Nashville TN and Birmingham AL (about 100 miles or so to each). If I decide that I definitely want you to do the calibration, how do I "reserve" a slot? Thanks.

Steve K.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Steve, just send me an email. Your spot is reserved when I receive the required $50 deposit which is not included in the calibration fee. The $50 goes towards my expenses and is none refundable once my plane ticket is purchased.

SteveK

Supporting Actor
OK Greg...the deed is done! Well, to be more accurate, the check is in the mail. As I've never had a set professionally calibrated before, I'm looking forward to the results of your famous efforts. Hopefully, the results will be nearly as dramatic on my direct view Sony as on the projection televisions.

I'm looking forward to your visit in June.

Steve K.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
Damn, I wish I had a TV that was worth calibrating. :)
How long should I expect it to be before you're coming back through North Carolina, Gregg?

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Robert, it could be every 3-4 months? I just need the interest (4 confirmed calibrations). I was really hoping to make it to Charlotte. I lived there for 6 years and wanted to come visit but as of right now, I have nobody confirmed for NC. Though I do have 9 confirmed for Atlanta and west (and north and south :) )

Patrick G

Second Unit
Well, since you're going to Little Rock, you might as well stop by Springfield, Missouri and do my 57HX81! I promise I won't serve you pizza!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks