What's new

Interactual poll.... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Does ANYONE use this shitty software? I cringe everytime I pop the disc into the DVD ROM player, and see that logo pop up. DVD Rom items are usually pretty useless, and there's no reason why they couldn't have been included with the regular extras...

TedD

Supporting Actor
Zoom Player has the ability to kill the Interactual pop-up. And, no I certainly don't use it.

Ted

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I use Interactual for, of course, checking out some of the ROM features. I use WinDVD for playing the movie. However, quite often, you don't need the Interactual player for ROM features! In essence, Interactual is simply a combination of the DVD drivers on your system, and Internet Explorer. In fact, I think you may be able to view some of the features on a Mac! I don't know if this should be posted or not, but here goes. If an admin finds that this should not be posted, then just go ahead and delete it. I won't re-post it.

This method DOES NOT work with all DVDs and all ROM features. It works with most on-disc ROM features without video. It DOES NOT work with online portals (like Total Axess) or on-disc features that use video from the disc (like script-to-screen). The following directions are for Windows. I don't know about Mac, since I don't have one. Put in the DVD while holding shift. Hold shift for around 5 to 10 seconds after it is in the drive. Open up Internet Explorer or whatever browser you use (it should work) and go to File, Open (File, Open File in Netscape 7.x or File, Open Page and click Open File in Netscape 4.x). Go to the desktop, and double click My Computer. Then double click on your DVD drive. There should be a folder in there named "common". Open up that "common" folder, and choose to open the file named "default.htm". If there isn't a "default.htm" then look for "index.htm" (some have a letter after index) or "main.htm". That should open up the screen that you see if you use Interactual.

If you need to open one that uses PCFriendly, use the same steps, but if there isn't a common folder, look for a folder in which the title is the name of the studio who makes the movie. Usually the file that needs to opened is index.htm for PCFriendly.

As I said, this method will not work for online features. In order to view them, you need to install Interactual. If you just want to use Interactual to see the ROM features, but don't want it to come up when you put the disc in. Simply hold down shift for 5 to 10 seconds.

Hope this helps everyone out! If you want me to clarify anything, just post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks