What's new

InterActual Player (1 Viewer)

Diallo B

Screenwriter
Does anyone here use interactual player? If you do, could you please explain the benefit. If you don't, could you please explain why not.

It keeps coming up with certain dvd's and I really don't want to install it since I have other dvd software already.

By the way, I did a search on the subject and did not come up with anything. And I started to put it in the computer section but I wasn't sure where the best fit was so I put it here.

djb

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
Interactual sometimes has extra content that it downloads off the web that can only be accessed through the Interactual Player. That's about it. Other than that, the interface is not good and it's a really slow, clunky player that takes up a lot of resources and does not have good quality video or audio. in fact it has zero audio or video options like interlace mode or surround mode.

If you are tired of pressing "Cancel" everytime it pops up (on Warner and New Line DVD's all the time), I suggest you install it then go into the player and under options or configuration, you can tell it that you want another player to be your default, like WinDVD, by pressing "browse" adn then selecting the executable from the right folder. Another thing you could do is go to your autostart settings under the properties for your DVD drive and picking the right player. Interactual will still come up but at least your other player will too.

Mick B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mick
Do not install this program if you ever plan on burning backups of your dvds. The movie studios put some crap in interactual to inhibit the burn engines of some of the burning programs out there. dvdxcopy for one will not work if interactual has been installed.

mick

Chris

Senior HTF Member
It won't use the hardware acceleration of almost any video card.

If you have an ATI Radeon 9500/9600/9700/9800, it will significantly impair performance and lower color quality

It incorrectly dithers content.

It installs it's own MPEG translation engine which can fubar you if you have an ATI All-In-Wonder card or if you use InterVideo WinDVR (this problem does not seem to impact ShowShifter, etc.)

Hey, shouldn't this be in a different forum?

Diallo B

Screenwriter
Fellas,

Thanks for the replies. I had not intended on installing it but thanks for the verification.

Hey, shouldn't this be in a different forum?
I was thinking that it could be in the computer forum. But then I saw the title was Home Theater Software here so I thought that I would take a chance at getting flamed by an admin and post here. lol.

djb

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
dvdxcopy for one will not work if interactual has been installed.
So THAT'S what it was. I gave up trying to use DVDXCOPY when I never could figure out why it didn't work.

I later ended up removing the InterActual software when I discovered that it was keeeping Sims Deluxe from working on my computer.

What a piece of JUNK!!

C

RossH

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ross Hudgins
Yeah, I'll never understand how that piece of crap was able to get included on so many DVDs...anyone who uses it knows the truth! Plus it's Windows-only...

I like the checkbox in the options that asks if you wouldn't mind having it report your viewing habits, titles, etc. Yuck. Although I'm surprised it asks first...

Nope, that's just bad bad software.

Mick B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mick
Chris, that's not the worst of it. You may have to reformat your hard drive and reinstall os then install dvdxcopy first. Interactual may leave files even tho you uninstalled it. Yikes!

Mick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks