Interactual and PC Friendly....worthless garbage?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Jan 14, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Anyone else ever have any problems installing this junk like I do? I just tried to install a newly repurchased Star Wars disc, after the first had some problems, so I could access the Outakes Easter Egg. However, when I popped it in the Creative Labs 12X Drive, nothing. It finally took a minute or two to pop up, and the Interactual logo appeared. I skipped that, started it up with my regular PC Software player that came with the drive, and the video was a bit messed up afterwords.

I have yet to try it in my new, regular DVD player, wich I finally got to purchase after using the PC one for so long. But I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem, since the Drive works perfectly with no interactual enhanced discs in it...

Thanks

2. Dwayne

Dwayne Supporting Actor

3. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Interactual PC Friendly is a piece o' crap, in my opinion. It's buggy, takes away options from the user, requires a net connection(including scripting & cookies), and just doesn't work very well. The benefits are very few.

-Dave

4. Jeremy Conrad

Jeremy Conrad Supporting Actor

The only thing I use Interactual for is DVD Rom, as I can't get DVD Rom stuff to work on PowerDVD.

Other than that, PowerDVD is the best player software.