What's new

INTENSITY-12 You seen or heard of this driver? (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
First off, you've got to call to get info of which I have not...
Just released I belive, and all thats shown is the driver, a short description and Freq responce.
Call for pricing and definitly would want some TS-params...
499.00 is listed on the second link but the first says call for pricing, go figure.
Freq respone
10hz-200
INTENSITY-12
Scroll down a little and some info is their....
SITE
When going to their site, scroll down to press releases and click on product catalog, again scroll down and you will see their drivers including the one in the pick and others.
Just ran on to it cruzzing, never heard of them but I live under a rock most of the time... :)
Take a look...
Geoff

In the first link they state the peak excursion to be 3 inches, however their product catalog states 2 inches.
The question is how much of this is linear??
/Magnus

A

Anthony_Gomez

In all honesty, I am not thrilled.
They are toting that driver with "Car Audio T/S paramaters" and not even actual T/S parameters.
I think I'll pass on this one :)
My two favorite lines:
"excursion up to approximately 3 inches"
"Competition High SPL / Audiophile sound quality ready"
:laugh:

You are right Tony, alot of people seeks a "musical" sub for music and a slammin' one for HT, this must be the best of two worlds.
To bad I ordered the AV12:)
/Magnus

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
God yes, lets bash the shit out of it....

Did you look at any of their home line speakers?

40,000 a pair, dose'nt mean their worth it but damn they must put something decent in them!

No, I am not say anything one way or another pertaining to this driver, but a phone call might clear somethings up, like full TS-params to start.

Yes their seems to be some conflicting information at the site, but tearing it apart because of this with out all the FACTS, as most seem to be so big on in the DIY area and rightly so, I would think a phone call would be in order to get some more information.
It's a free 800#...

Who knows maybe they Dumax their damn drivers...

I not implying anything, in the sense if it's a good or bad driver, but immeditly going after anything thats not clear with out all the facts, is rather unfair.

Just my 2-cents
Geoff

A

Anthony_Gomez

Geoff, I was having a little bit of fun, which I addittedly got carried away with:)
Sorry if I offended anyone.
Here is an edited version of those posts in a more appropriate format:
1) no T/S parameters were given anywhere on ANY driver
2)"Competition High SPL / Audiophile sound quality ready" With very very rare exceptions, drivers that are designed for competition SPL are not designed for audiophile sound quality.
3)The Intensity 12 is listed having both 2" and 3" of excursion
4) VERY fuzzy math or very ill understanding of x-max/x-mech/x-sus/x-mag:
"X-max 20 mm. for 2" excursion
X-max 18 mm for up to 2-inch excursions."
1" each way is 25.4mm not 20 or 80 and 18mm=/=20mm=/=2"
5) The description of the "labyrinth" is a bit of a stretch saying things like "The Labyrinth's woofer section should outperform any subwoofer regardless of size or price."
I will most likely give them a call at lunch time to get a clearer picture of their products and will report back for those interested.

A

Anthony_Gomez

Ok, I just had a long talk with who seemed to be the owner of the company trying to inquire some info. Something's I was happy with, and others I was not.
I'll just list the info. I'll let you, the reader, make up your own opinion. Fair enough :)
1) "All of the drivers can be made to different specs. You tell me what you want, and we will build it at no additional charge (in responce to being able to vary T/S parameters slightly with say different VC's or surrounds)"
2) "The x-max discrepencies is because we made some driver changes."
3) "most of our subs will have an Fs around 20hz, but we can build them for 16hz for extreme bass"
4) "our parts are made from machined, cold rolle carbon steal, and not the cheap powder metal or cast ways.
5)"You just put this thing into a box and you listen and see if you like it. In the end, the specs do not matter" (in responce to me trying to get some T/S parameters.
6) "Lead time is about 1 week. We wait for the glues to fully cure hard as a rock at each stage"
7) "I have to pay to get each of these parts measured. If a customer wants to get the values (in responce to T/S inquiry), I am not going to pay to measure each part (in responce to having all sorts of configurations."
Three bits of info that I was not happy with (I invoke a little bit of my opinion).
1) While he was proud that almost all his parts were made in the US (except for things like the binding posts), he was very adimit about refusing everything from "Red China".
2) He didn't understand The Iron Law. He was continually braggin about his high efficiency of 94-96db while continually dodging my comments back to the trade off of box size and extention ( Q's Fs, Vas)
3) no matter what I did, I was completely unable to get ANY T/S parameter out of him on ANY driver irrespective of any driver variation. I was even askin for the T/S parameters of a recent sub driver he designed, and still no luck.

A

Anthony_Gomez

I wouldn't say it is quite Bose. To me, it felt like I was at a custom car audio speaker store. custom drivers, but still the car audio mentality.

"..but check out Driver X!!! It can play at 900db 1w/1m and handle 25gigawatts! This is the best driver in the world"

I actually had some slight interest in their stuff for a small project, but not anymore.

I am not in anyway saying that their product is bad...they might be very good indeed! ..but their customer service left me wanting.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Anthony
Nice of you to actually call them! :emoji_thumbsup:
At least you know what your speaking too & dealing with now!!!!
I agree with you, that him/they not wanting to run and post TS-Params for a driver "that is all ready built" and up on site, is well interestingly stupid... I could see not testing all the different varitions but this is again strangely dumb at best.
Car probley/or Home,,, what ever the driver is designed for, how could one justifiy buying one when you know nothing of it's TS-Params, accurate or not. It's to bad as it could be a very good driver "for certain things maybe" but nobody here will certainly take the chance.
Kinda like spending allot money and not having any idea of what your getting except a big ass 12" driver.
To bad for Kinetic Audio, they seem to screw themselves so to say. In addition, at the prices for the driver in question, it had better be a damn good driver.
No wonder no one knows who they are!
I emailed them last night basicly asking the same questions you did Anthony and as of yet still NO reply! Seems to speak again of a poorly run out fit, with a very strange way of trying to sell products.
How dose one stay in business with this thinking & operation..
So it dose appear the bash/playing from the start was duly fair, but I still belive the facts need to be their before conclusions are made.
In this case you guys where right, he bows head and leaves room. :frowning:
Cheers
Geoff

A

Anthony_Gomez

I think these guys are probably the opposite of Bose in some aspects though

Blose uses crappy materials and has wonderfull marketing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks