What's new

Intense pixelation and/or freezing with a couple of 4k discs (1 Viewer)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Hello.
I have a problem like the title of this thread says with two 4K discs.
First of all, I play - for the time being - my 4k discs in a laptop with an external LG-BU40N drive which is UHD friendly. (I have a pc with a large 4K screen but that is in another city from the one I'm living in right now).

Secondly, I own only 7 4k discs, of which 5 play perfectly.
Now, the "defective" discs seem to have many concentric cycles on them if you see them in the light (like the picture on the left), while the 5 "good" discs (I checked them all), don't have anything like that on them (like the picture on the right).
So, do you think this is a problem with the discs?

IMG_20211119_215301.jpg IMG_20211119_215744.jpg

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Those discs appear to have been damaged, probably by the player. I doubt anything can be done to fix them, unfortunately. That happens when the player ejects the disc before it's stopped spinning, which should never happen, but sometimes it does when there's a problem with the player.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Thanks for your reply.
If I had a problem with the player wouldn't it harm my other discs as well? But the other discs all seem good as new, even if I play them.
Anyway, I sent those 2 faulty discs back and I'm getting new ones. I hope the new ones are good!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks