Intense Bass Problems

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Andrew:S, May 29, 2004.

1. Andrew:S

Andrew:S Extra

Last night I was watching Basic on my new HT and within 30 minutes I had the neighbors at my house whining that their bedroom was shaking. Problem: my sub was only 1/5th of the way up.

System:
    2x Paradigm Titan (front)
    2x Paradigm Atom (back)
    1x SVS PB2-ISD
    1x NAD T753 Receiver
    1x Paradigm CC-270 Center

The far wall of the room has an outdoor space of about 15 feet between our house and theirs. Also, the room is fairly open, with open doors to the entryway, kitchen and dining room.

Another problem is that a lot of things in the house shake when the sub plays and it ruins the experience.

What could I do to keep the bass nice and powerful, while still letting the neighbors sleep and stopping the rattling?

2. Matthew R P

Matthew R P Auditioning

Don't mean to jack your thread but I has going to post something along what you asked. I have a neighbor that goes to bed at 7:00 pm and their bedroom is about 15-20 feet away from my living room where I have my HT. Has anyone tried the GRAMMA Isolation Riser from Auralex Acoustics for the Subwoofer? Thought it would help to get the Sub off the floor and reduce the "thunder" sound outside my house. Thanks

3. Rik P

Rik P Stunt Coordinator

Bass Shakers work well.

They fool me sometimes into thinking I have the bass cranked to high so I get up off the couch to turn my sub down and find that my sub is off or all the way down. In fact the only way sometimes I know my sub is off, is if I sit in the couch with no shakers in it.
    This works for me and my wife. It only cost me 200$ for the shakers and a 100watt amp.

Rick

4. Andrew:S

Andrew:S Extra

There's a 2-3 foot open space between the wood floor and the ground, could this be filled with absorbant stuff?