Intellivolume on onkyos/integras?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Babek, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Babek

Babek Stunt Coordinator

I have been playing around with my onkyo/integra dtr 5.3 and found something called a intellivolume control, and when you put it up it makes the sound more alive and wayy louder.
    What exactly does this function do? Can someone please explain it to me.

2. What it does is it allows you to boost an individual input. On my old Onkyo I had it set to turn on volume of 40 so it wouldn't be too loud, max volume of 65 which was reference in my room and on the video 3 input I had the intellivolume set to 10 if I remember right because my laserdisc player was significantly quieter than any other component.

3. Rick_Brown

Rick_Brown Second Unit

I would resist using the Intellivolume just to pump up the loudness. That is more properly done using the main volume control.

4. Rick_Brown

Rick_Brown Second Unit

Brent, I'm not sure why you have responded to me the way you did?

My earlier post was directed to Babek's comment when he said that Intellivolume "makes the sound more alive and wayy louder".

I asvised him to "resist using the Intellivolume just to pump up the loudness."

I completely agree with you, Brent. I also use Intellivolume to bring my phono level closer to DVD/CD levels in my Integra 6.2 receiver.

5. Babek

Babek Stunt Coordinator

I have my intelli set to +4, I think it's good at that volume.