'intellivision lives' compilation for Xbox, PS2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Carl Johnson, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    About a month ago I was in some random video game store checking out the coming soon list and happened upon the coolest thing ever, intellivision lives. I've been salivating at the thought of getting my hands on 60 classic games for the bargain price of $20. The release date has come and gone yet every store that I've visited lists the title as out of stock. Has anybody seen it?

edit....
    I just checked out the website and they've pushed back the release date to 1/04

2. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

The 60 classic games seem to be the bottom of the barrel titles. I only remember playing the sport titles. I don't see any of the licensed games or arcade games in there. I was never a fan of the Intellivision, especially the overlays on the hand controllers. I might buy it for the sport games and nostalgia but I wish they would have put on some titles that people actually remember.

3. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Activision put out an Intellivision Classics disc for PS1 that had 30 games on it -- good stuff, too. The only missing "classic" was Utopia (which appears to be on this new set).

The website says that the PS2 version is out now, and the XBox version will be out in January. You can order it directly from the website -- maybe they aren't distributing it to stores yet.

4. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Update:

After a little poking around the site, it looks like the new set has every game from the PS1 set except Chess, and adds 26 other titles.

And I also found some of the licensed games they couldn't include, which I'd forgotten about. Dang!

5. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

Looks cool to me. [​IMG]

Don't ya love how some of us older gamers pay good money to make our state-of-the-art system run 20-year old games. [​IMG]

I also want that Atari-stick. [​IMG]

6. Alanna

Alanna Second Unit

Intellivision Lives! is currently out on the PS2. I have seen it in the store and touched the box (wooooh...). The XBox version is the one that has been pushed back. Its probably the kind of title that you will only find at an EB or Gamestop...too "niche" for the "mainstream". I probably won't be buying it though because the two games that would make it a "must get" for me are both licensed titles which they didn't bother to put in the collection: Advanced Dungeons and Dragons: Cloudy Mountain (best damn game ever and random dungeons! yess!) and Discs of Tron. Snafu, Thunder Castle and Utopia are all great fun though...

7. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

8. Simon_Lepine

Simon_Lepine Supporting Actor

Have to agree with you on Dungeon and Dragon Alanna, one of the best game ever. Since it's not available anywhere for purchase I had to get an emulator version to play this classic again.

9. Michael St. Clair

The handheld controller things (Atari, Intellivision, Namco) are rewritten games that are only about 90% accurate. The discs for the consoles are typically emulated and are about 99.9% accurate.

10. Alanna

Alanna Second Unit

Simon: Its great to see someone else that appreciates this classic. I would so love to get my hands on a copy of it, its been a few years since I had a chance to play it.