What's new

Intel offering $10,000 for April 19, 1965 issue of Electronics Magazine (1 Viewer)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Intel is offering $10,000 for the April 19, 1965 edition of Electronics Magazine because it contains the first mention of Moore's Law, which states that computing power will double every 2 years or so, a prediction that has held up the last 40 years.

Intel offers $10,000 for magazine

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith

Actually, that isn't quite correct. Here is a pretty good article on "Moore's Law". A better summary might be this one from Wikipedia.org, "the complexity of an integrated circuit, with respect to minimum component cost will double in about 18 months."

I don't mean to take the thread off course or split hairs but since this is often misquoted in the press I thought I would bring it up.

-KeithP

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Now if RadioShack would just pony up and pay me for my Superman comic book trumpeting the mighty power of the TRS-80 I would be set for life. What does Moore's Law have that Superman doesn't?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Pshh this is just to get press. Their dual-core CPUs are shipping this week.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The couple are celebrating? If the wife was so adament about throwing them away, I say she's automatically exluded from any celebration. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks