What's new

Integrating Tivo/HDTV/DISH ?? Help!! (1 Viewer)

BorisK

Auditioning
I am looking to have a complete video system for my viewing room. I currently have a Dish 6000 connected to a HDTV via component for HD output and S video for SD output (better strech mode via tv).

I would like to have the ability to view recorded material, have Tivo/ReplayTV record automatically all the shows that I watch, be able to pause live TV in SD mode, and watch one show while recording a second.

I am willing to go with a second SD sat box dedicated to the Tivo/ReplayTV if necessary.

Can someone please suggest the proper connection and operation.

I have a Marantz 5200 remote that can programed to suit with the proper macros.

Thanks.
Regard,
Boris

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
If you are going to stick with Dish network, I think your best bet would be to wait for the Dish 921 PVR which is supposed to be out in a month or so. Records in high-def, has 2 sat + 1 OTA tuners, records 2 at a time.

Or consider waiting for the HD-DirecTivo and switching to DirecTV, ~March or so, with the superior Tivo software + quad tuner/dual recording, 2 sat + 2 OTA, so that you can handle conflicts between 2 OTA stations unlike Dish's solution.

I don't think it's a great time to spend a lot for an SD solution with the HD solutions just around the corner. If you buy an integrated satellite PVR (better than sat + standalone Tivo/Replay), there may be 1-year programming commitments involved. Your choice in upgrading to HD PVR would be limited unless you were willing to eat programming fees.

Users who are viewing this thread