What's new

Integra vs. Rotel (1 Viewer)

Peter_LM

Auditioning
Hi Everyone,

My system is built around a fairly mediocre receiver (Pioneer VSX-D810S). Since last Autumn, I've upgraded my speakers and added separate power amps. Now for the pre-pro:

Untill recently I've been more or less set on Rotel (either the new RSP-1068 or a 1066 if one can still be had). Now I've been reading up on the Integra DTC-9.4 pre-pro/tuner. All I've achieved by doing this is to confuse myself.

My questions to the enlightened: Do any of you have any opinions on the Integra I'm considering? How do the two compare? Which offers the best bang for the buck? I've not done any auditions yet so your ideas will guide my research. I'll be pulling the trigger near the end of the summer, so I have plenty of time to make up my mind.

Do any of you have Canadian pricing info on the DTC-9.4? I've seen MSRPs of US$2000 on various websites but nothing in Canadian $.

Many thanks to all for your advice...

Steve Adams

Second Unit
Im sorry for confusing you more. both units are great. it comes down to sound, and price. I know for a fact that rotel sounds great. I have heard integra av recivers before and they sound great too. look at features, and price and go listen to both and then decide.

LCSeminole

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Laurence
Peter, I was in the same boat a couple of months ago. I demoed both and after much debate ordered the 1068, not because it sounded better, but because its software upgradable and was $250 less. The Integra's soundstage, to my ears, was just a tad bit cleaner/clearer and more open, but not enough to overcome the upgradability and price savings. The balanced pre-outs of the DTC-9.4 are a great feature if you have amps that have XLR inputs but this was the only feature lacking in the 1068 and was no where near tipping the scales. The DPL IIx was also a huge plus in favor of my 1068. Anyhow, I don't think you can go wrong with either since the differences in sound are pretty much negligible. Have fun, demoing is half the fun.

Steve_Barrow

Agent
If you have til the end of the summer, might want to hang on a bit long, I was reading about the release of the DTR 10.5 and heard sometime April ( not looking accurate right now ;) ). and I would assume this proabbly means an upgrade to the DTC-9.4 also coming. I have heard the integra and was very impressed although it was on a much nicer set of speakers than I currently own (7.1 set of paradigm Siganture's).

If it helps any, I found pricing as low as around $2600 and as high as $3400 in western canada over the last couple months. Depending where you are, that may or may not be accurate

hope that helps a little anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks