What's new

Integra Receivers (1 Viewer)

NileDB

Grip
Anyone have any experience with Integra receivers? From previous threads I have seen one member really knock them for being too bright. Yet, there many Onkyo faithful who post who don't believe that the regular Onkyo line is overly bright. Do the "upgrades" brighten the sound too much? I guess the question really boils down to at the Integra price range (including HK, Denon, Marantz, Elite) is it noticeably the brightest of the bunch when matched with Paradigm speakers. Opinions are appreciated since A/B'ing these different brands will be impossible.

Tim Robbins

Agent
I have an Integra DTR6.3 with Paradigm 11's, 5's, and cc-350. To be honest, I've never really understood what "bright" sounds like. I can tell you that my last receiver was a Yamaha (RXV2095), and the Integra blows it out of the water, IMHO. It seemed to bring my speakers to life, with a "richer, fuller" sound. The soundstage is greatly improved...heck, even my wife couldn't believe the difference!

Tim

Tom Camlioglu

Stunt Coordinator
I've got the DTR 8.3 on my HTPC. I sold my H/K AVR 8000 to go to this - and IMHO consider the 8.3 an "upgrade" in almost all respects!

Definitely one of the most full-featured and great sounding receivers out there!

../TC

Travis>D

Auditioning
I've got an Integra DTR 8.3 matched with Paradigm Studio 40 fronts, a Studio CC center and currently a 15" Vega Subwoofer (SVS PB2+ on the way). I find it to be very pleasing to listen to with music and absolutely killer as a home theater receiver. It is not bright at all, at least to my ears. The sound is very detailed and female vocals (which is my favorite) sound incredible.

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
I have the DTR-9.1 (without the $500 second upgrade).

I'm slightly confused why peple call the receiver bright-- I thought that was a term to use for speakers. For example, some would consider my Integra/Klipsch setup to be bright. However, I don't believe anyone would call an Integra/DefTech setup to be bright.

For what it's worth, I purchased the Integra three years ago based on its features and potential upgrades. I couldn't be happier.
:)
~~Nathan

RobWil

Supporting Actor
I've got an Integra DTR 7 w/ Klipsch speakers. I do not think it is bright sounding, in fact I chose it over an H/K cause the highs were more subdued.

Marcus Parham

Auditioning
IMHO, Integra receivers are more neutral than bright. I have an integra dtr6.3 receiver and love it very much.:D

Joe Valha

Stunt Coordinator
I went with the Integra 8.3 paired with M & K and SACD,DVDA, and DVDs sound absolutely amazing. Not bright to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks