Integra Receivers Are Great!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by KyleL, Apr 3, 2005.

1. KyleL

KyleL Auditioning

Hello,

I love Integras DTR receivers, and was wondering if anyone else felt the same way. How do you think they compare to Denon, and HK?

Thank you,
    Kyle

2. Kevin_F

Kevin_F Stunt Coordinator

Hey Kyle, glad to see I am not alone. I have demoed the Denon 2805, 3805, Marantz 5500 and Integra 5.5, and of those I loved the Integra the best. When I listened to the Integra, I did an A/B comparison with the Marantz and the Marantz sounded muffled compared to the Integra.

In the next few weeks, I will be purchasing the Integra 6.5, and I can't wait [​IMG]

Which Integra did you listen to/purchase and what did you compare it to?

3. KyleL

KyleL Auditioning

Hello Kevin,

I have both the DTR 5.4 with MB Quart speakers inside in a 5.1 setup (even though it supports 6.1) That is hooked up with a pioneer plasama, an Integra DPS-5.3, and TWC HD service. Overall it sounds great. I have also hooked the zone 2 up to a splitter, which powers 2 rock speakers around my pool, 2 speakers under the patio, 2 speakers in the kitchen, and two in the study. The splitter has a 100 watt amp too, but the zone two amp built into the Integra is capable of powering them with out it (just not as lound). So overall my Integra downstairs powers 14 speakers!

Upstairs I have the new DTR 5.5, with a 7.1 setup. The sound is amazing, and it has some cool features. One of them I love is uperconverting s-video and comsite, to component video.

I have comapared the sound to other high end yamaha, denon, and marantz, which are 2 or 3x the price, and I can't tell a big difference. Integra is great. Its Onkyos high end line, which Onkyo is already a high end line.

The integra also has the a-bus built into the receiver, witch is a cool feature.

I seriouly want to become an Integra rep. Does anyone know where I can get these at wholesale prices?

Thank you, Kyle

4. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul
    I have a DTR 6.4 and love it. So count me in as a fellow Integra enthusiast.

I especially like the bass management/time alignment for the MCH input.

5. Kevin_F

Kevin_F Stunt Coordinator

I will be joining the club in about 3 weeks and I can't wait [​IMG]

What does A-bus do?

6. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

What about their seperates in comparison to Arcam's processor/amps?

7. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul
    A-Bus allows for customizing installation, I think. Not sure though.

I responded in your thread, Marco, but I'll say it here. I would be highly tempted (if I had the money) to do an Integra processor/Arcam amp combo.

8. Toby_R

Toby_R Auditioning

OK, at the risk of getting a beat down, how do they compare to similar Onkyo's. 602 vs. 5.5, etc.

I bought an Onkyo 502 as an interim receiver when my HK 510 died for the 3rd time. I just wanted something to get me through to the 'next' receiver, but have been pretty happy with the little guy.

My search has been narrowed to a NAD, Marantz or Onkyo (802) but I am very curious about the Integras. I want good sound, not a lot of whiz-bang. Good Stereo, DD and DTS.

Any comments on sims/difs between the Onkyo/Integras would be great!

Toby

(PS. They will be matched with KEF Q1s (x4) and a Q9C w/ an SVS PB-12)

9. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul
    The main differences between Integra and Onkyo receivers are a few features (mine has digital bass management and time alignment on the MCH inputs, the equivalent Onkyo does not), better DACs (mine has 24/192 for all channels, the equivalent Onkyo has 2 24/192s and the rest are 24/96), custom installation connectors (mine has an RS-232, the Onkyo does not), a three year warranty vs a two year warranty. That much I know. It is also said the power supply is better in the Integra, though I haven't been able to determine that. Also, the rated frequency response of the amp is a bit wider on the Integra (don't know what effect, if any, that has).

Hope this helps answer your question.