Integra RDC-7 vs. Anthem AVM20

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alex Yang, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Alex Yang

Alex Yang Stunt Coordinator

Good Morning Guys.
    As you know, I've been seriously looking into the Pre/Pro's for the past two months and I've just recently started hearing a little bit about RDC-7...
    I've heard NARY a bit of information about this unit, all I've been reading on HTF are about Anthem [​IMG], Davis Labs, Aargon, Outlaw, B&K... My shopping list is in this order!!!
    But as you see NOTHING on the integra?
    Does anyone have any info on this unit, how does this compare to the others?
    Inquiring minds DO want to know!
    Thanks in advance!
    -Alex

2. Mikey_C_K

Mikey_C_K Auditioning

Good question, I have been wondering about this pre/pro my self. Anyone have any insight?[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Dzung Pham

Dzung Pham Second Unit

I haven't listened to them but from a features standpoint, the Integra has a fixed bass management crossover at 80Hz. That seems to be its main weakness. As you know, a big advantage it has over the Anthem is that it supports DPL2 and all the latest formats right now whereas the Anthem will need to be upgraded.

4. Rusty J.

Rusty J. Agent

Is anyone considering the Aragon Stage One? You can get it for $3K but have to work for it to get it at this price. First, buy the Soundstage on Ubid for $1500. Then, either upgrade it to Stage One performance for an additional $750 or trade it in on a Stage One for another $1500. I agree that it is alot of trouble but to get a preamp like the Stage One for $3K is one heck of a bargain.

5. Brandon B

Brandon B Second Unit

Burke Strickland over at AVS and/or HTguide can give you some feed back on the RDC-7. He has had one for quite a while, and prior to that briefly owned the AVM-2 (which he didn't like). I believe he is running it with an all planar speaker setup.

BB