What's new

Integra/Onkyo Auto Detecting (1 Viewer)

Mike Huber

Agent
I have a Integra dtr5.3 and comcast digital cable box. Using a optical cable from the box to my video 3 input. When i first got the digital cable the HD channels would auto detect the Dolby Digital sound. Now I cant get the DD anymore. I think my little brother might have messed with something but i cant seem to figure it out. Does anyone have any idea what to check for in my receiver settings?

Kernel X

Grip
Hey Mike, try going into your set-up menu. Try changing your digital input to "digital", or if it is already on "digital", try changing it to "automatic". You may also have more than one input associated with your optical cable. Make sure your digital inputs are assigned to their proper devices. Good luck!

Mike Huber

Agent
Yea i tried everything i could think of. I think the auto detecting for my video 3 broke or something. It works when i play a dvd in detecting but not when im watching tv. GRRRRR

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I had the same problem, but it was an issue with the Comcast box. Go into the audio menu and set it to ADVANCED, NONE for compression, and STEREO. That's what brought my surround back, though I couldn't tell you why.

Mike Huber

Agent
Jeremy thank you so much. I cant beleive thats what the problem was. Man i was puzzled for the longest time. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks