What's new

integra dtr 6.3 vs denon avr 3802 (1 Viewer)

Steve R

Grip
I need help deciding between the two. It will be used 50% music and 50% home theater. Any ideas?

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,I listened to the 3802 vs. the 7.2 and came home with the 3802.It just sounded better to me for music and H.T. I have a 7.1 speaker setup so I added a 5 channel amp to make things even better.

Steve R

Grip
Wayne,

Thanks for your reply. I'm also considering getting a adcom pre/pro/tuner plus a adcom amp 100x5 instead of either receiver. There is some kind of clearence sale on this adcom set-up now. Any thoughts? It will cost maybe $600. more. Will I be able to tell the difference while listening to music? I would like a really good music set-up as well as ht.

Steve

Tom_Mack

Stunt Coordinator
I tried the denon 3802 and now have an Integra 7.2.

The Denon is better for music than the Integra, but the Denon sounded dull to me for movies. The upper end wasn't natural sounding. The Denon also added a noticable hiss. The Integra is great for movies and good for music. It has a neutral to slightly bright sound that makes the movies sound more natural, but the music isn't as good. The bass response was better in the Denon.

I know you say 50/50 music and movies, but try to decide what is more important to you. If music, go for the Denon, Movies go for the Integra.

Steve R

Grip
Tom,

I appreciate your imput. Im really leaning toward the music side,so I think I'll go with the denon. Maybe I'll ad a 5 channel amp as well.

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,I have a Adcom GFA-7400 amp which is 5 x 100 plus the Denon 3802.The Adcom really helped with the music.I got the amp for $560 brand new.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks