Integra DTR 6.2 problem. Please help.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RaymondFung, Jun 4, 2002.

1. RaymondFung

RaymondFung Auditioning

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, and have a problem with my Integra DTR 6.2 receiver. The problem is this:
    It will not turn on with the remote control or the stand-by button on the unit. It has to be turn off with the power button and then power back on. The unit then can be turned on with the stand-by button or with the remote, but the unit resets all the settings that I have programmed for.
    Has anyone heard of this problem?
    I saw a review at www.audioreview.com with the exact problem I'm experiencing. I emailed that person, but have not received a reply from him. Any comments, suggestions, or better yet, a solution will be greatly apprieciated.
    My current setup is as follows:
    Front speakers: JM Lab Colbot 806
    Rear speakers: old old old marantz
    sony tv
    ps2
    Raymond

2. Tom_Mack

Tom_Mack Stunt Coordinator

First, the obvious question, is the receiver mode light lit up when you are pressing the on button? Its not trying to turn on the TV or a CD player or anything else is it?

I know that this is probably isn't the problem, but sometimes I miss the simple things when trying something new.

3. Craig F

Craig F Second Unit

Craig
    I have the same model. This happened to me once about 2 months ago. It has not repeated. I've had the unit just over a year. I would contact Integra tech support on this one.

4. RaymondFung

RaymondFung Auditioning

Tom_Mack: yes...the remote is on receiver mode...the unit doesn't come on when i press the standby mode button on the unit itself...

5. RaymondFung

RaymondFung Auditioning

Craig F: I called Integra several times. I even brought the system to an "integra certified service centre". The unit was there for about a month, but the problem never occurred while it was there. So they told me they can't fix something if the problem doesn't come up when the unit is at the shop.

My friend currently have my unit. I want to see if the problem occurs at his house, and with his equipments. If it does, then the unit is defective, if it doesn't then it's either my equipments or some power/voltage problem in my room.

Thanks for your replys guys.