integra dtr 5.3

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Babek, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Babek

Babek Stunt Coordinator

onkyo integra just released the new series for 2004, with the X.4, last years was the X.3

anyway, i was interested in the dtr 5.3, which is last years model because it is on a great clearence price.

Does anyone know anything about this receiver. It has everything i need, such as dts es and dolby digital ex, as well as component switching.

is it a good receiver?

thanks in advance

2. Babek

Babek Stunt Coordinator

anyone?

3. Jim Williams

Jim Williams Second Unit

Looking at the specs for the DTR 5.3 it is not a whole lot different from my Onkyo TX-SR601. I love my 601 and unless the DTR 5.3 is $499(USD) or less, you might want to consider the 601 instead.

4. Nick R

Nick R Auditioning

I have the DTR 5.3. It is a great receiver. I got it when it was $595, and it was worth every penny. Integra is Onkyo's "performance" division, but these amps are made in a completely different facility from Onkyo's lower-end receivers. This is a very clean sounding amp, but also very "bright." I'd recommend something like Paradigms for speakers if you are going with this amp. I am going to eventually upgrade to a set of Paradigms. My current speakers are way too efficient for this amp. It wants to be driven hard.