1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Integra DTM 5.3 Replacement

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Ndirishkmk, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Ndirishkmk

Ndirishkmk Auditioning

Kristin
    Hello,

I moved into a house a few years ago with a great whole home speaker system. I've used the receiver that was left for me since then but am thinking of upgrading. The speakers all feed into this receiver through a speaker selector or directly into the receiver. What would be a good replacement for this? I have a small tv hooked up to the receiver but it's main purpose is to send sound to the speakers through the house (I'd love to be able to airplay from my phone throughout the house for one!). Thanks for any help!

2. JohnRice

JohnRice Executive Producer

John
    You have a lot to choose from. Pretty much any decent surround receiver, but I'd stay away from the cheapest ones. Probably above $500 is a good place to aim. I don't know about all the other brands, but I think everything in the Denon/Marantz universe has AirPlay built it. You need to decide on what other specific features you want.

3. Ndirishkmk

Ndirishkmk Auditioning

Kristin
    I'm completely a novice at this. What are they kinds of things that I should even look at? I'm not even sure where to begin!