What's new

Intagrating multimedia spekers with others (1 Viewer)

acoustiman

Auditioning
Real Name
Amith
Thanks for the advice on HTiB, guys. Now, I have changed my mind, and am planning to integrate my own HT.
My question is,
can I combine 5.1 multimedia speakers with other speakers,sub and an amp to form my HT? Thing is, i have just got a Creative GigaWorks G550w 5.1 (hope you have heard of it). It features wireless satellites and a 130w 8'' sub,and includes a wireless remote control.:)
Can I somehow combine these with more larger speakers for front and rear and an extra sub?Is this advisable? Please suggest an amp that will help me do this.:frowning:
As i have confessed before, i am no expert, and i hope i don't appear Like a dunce in asking this question.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

In all honesty, it would create an accoustical mess. It may seem like the more speakers you have the better; but that is defintely not the case. Calibration issues and non-timbre matching would be just the beginning of your problems. Plus, that is a basically a computer speakers system that is self-powered through the sub. The logistics of combining it with a true HT system would be much worse than any benefit (and probable detriment) to your sound. Maybe you can sell it to a PC enthusiast and use that to help finance your HT system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Righ
Recent bookmarks