What's new

Insufferable child actors who nearly sink the movies they're in... (1 Viewer)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I think this is a glitch. I noticed something similar a couple of weeks ago.

I guess we should mention it to Parker. I'll send him a PM.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Judging from the thread title, it's probably best this one is stillborn.
And I've been noticing strange occurrences too. Among them, a response to one of my posts ... that appears in the thread AFTER my post.
I will ask Packy about it.
Major announcement: I meant, before my post! I'll link it. It's strange. (This edit was brought to you late on the evening of October 8, 2002.)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
"It's a disease. And it's slowly creeping throughout the Vortexes."

"Friend," from Zardoz.

Parker is being apprised.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Jack, so you're sayin' [takes a puff] this thread is a sort of bermuda triangle thing that sporadically appears on the HTF every 6 million years?? *cough*cough* Like this post of mine might not appear at all right? or may reappear sometime yesterday, causing a rip in space and time and... woah!![passes out] :eek:

Jason_H

Second Unit
I just resurrected a thread of mine from a few weeks ago and it has some random guy's name as the thread starter. I was wondering how that happened!

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Among them, a response to one of my posts ... that appears in the thread AFTER my post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why is this unusual?
Did you mean BEFORE?
The thread following the thread he posted in, I believe. If I am right, then this confusion is surprising given Jack's writing skills ;)
--
Holadem

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Look, I understand how difficult this announcement might seem upon first reading it. But I have been asked by the HTF administrative staff to tell you that you must get your personal affairs in order immediately. An announcement from the central office is forthcoming. Thank you for your patience. And, well, you've been a great bunch! JB

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Jack:

I need examples of what is happening. That is links to those threads in question.

The only thing that I can think of that might be happening is that threads like this one are being posted during high traffic times and it is screwing around with the posts getting placed into the database. That is the lack of the post itself making it into the thread.

As far as the other stuff I need to see examples of what you are talking about but I believe it is probably due to the same issue.

We are still in the process of adding a second CPU to the new server which should help a great deal in handling the loads that the forum is experiencing.

Parker

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Jason:

What is the link to the thread that you are referring to here with the change in the author of the thread you started?

Parker

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. They single-handedly ruined the whole "cute kid" shtick for other sitcoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks