What's new

Installing TV antenna in the ground (1 Viewer)

Jim517

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
I need to move my antenna to the side of my house, and mount it in the ground. My plan is to set a 4x4 post in concrete(in a plastic "post protector" sleeve), then secure the pole to side of the 4x4. Then secure the pole to my fascia with a standoff bracket.

The coaxial cable will run thru a 90 degree elbow, then underground thru a PVC conduit, about 3' from the pole to the house, then enter concrete block wall in a coaxial thru wall bushing.

1) Since I can only hit one structural member behind the fascia board when securing the standoff bracket, what type of anchor is best for the other hole ? A toggle bolt ?

2) Is it best to keep the point of entry of the coaxial cable, into my house above ground level ? I will be using one of those small plastic coaxial thru wall bushings.

Do you see any problems with my plan ?

Thanks.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I'm trying to visualize what you're proposing - I think the toggle bolt would work fine for this. Do you have some sort of preference for above vs. below grade run for coax?

Jim517

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
I think a little below grade would work better. That way I could go straight thru the wall, and not need an elbow to raise it up before going thru wall.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I would think below grade would be fine as long as you remember where you run the coax and don't dig...you probably want to bury it below the frost line and make sure there are no splices below ground. How long of a run is this going to be?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks