What's new

Installing an inwall reef tank in Hometheater room (1 Viewer)

fredl

Agent
I'm considering installing an inwall aquarium in my future dedicated hometheatre. Has anyone done this or has seen pictures of it done I would greatly appreciate getting a link. I have some questions like:
*How does the inhabitants feel in an enviroment such as a hometheatre.
*If I have it open on both sides of the wall (into the bar) will there be problems?
If anybody if or know an expert on theese matters please take one step forward. :)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I hate to send you somwhere else to look,but I have seen alot of good ideas atwww.oscarfish.com
I have 2 fresh tanks,a 55 and a 30 setup in my living room/ht room and never had and troubles as far as sound goes,yes I have an svs,yes I have played low frequency sweeps over 90db...yes everything survived.
Our next home I would really like to do an inwall,mabey a 120 or somthing for my oscars.
------------------

fredl

Agent
Look's like I've got some serious browsing to do! That spread calculation will just have to wait until tomorrow.
wink.gif

Thanks!

Keith M.

Second Unit
I currently have a 100gal reef in my HT. I have had it for over 3 years and never had any problems.
One thing I would recommend is getting quality pumps, like the Magnum. It is probably one of the quietest pumps out there. And with a reef you will probably need 2 pumps. 1 for the wet-dry filtration and 1 for the protein skimmer. So muting the audible noise of the pumps is of utmost importance if you are going to have it in the HT.
The db of your HT system should not cause any damage to the fish or the tank. Just make sure it is on a solid/sturdy base or stand. The only other concern should be adaquete durations of light. A reef thrives on consistent levels of light each day. So if you have to keep turning the tank lights off to watch a movie, your reef will suffer in the end. I would recommend putting the lights on a timer and have the cycle start early that way you can enjoy the movies at night. Or you can spend some extra money to purchase special "night" glo lights. These basically run at night and dont give off much light, kinda purple, but supply all the required nutrients etc to the reef.
Ill post more if you have questions

fredl

Agent
The light will not be an issue since I plan on implementing some kind of sliding blackouts flush over the ht facing side of the tank, I was more concerned with what the high noise level might be stressful to the fish.
Thanks for all your input!

Rick P.

Stunt Coordinator
A friend once had a huge aquarium set up in his living room and had a problem with his Piranha whenever he turned the sub on (they went berserk and killed everything in the tank, including each other).
I never had a problem with my cheap tropical fish though.
Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks