What's new

Installing a wall mount plasma tv (1 Viewer)

MattWil

Auditioning
Hello, My name is Matt and I just recently purchase an ESA wall mount plasma tv and was going to install it myself, but I have no idea how I am supposed to conceal the rca's and any other wires needed to hook up a dvd,vcr,and surround sound. Are there wall plates or something of that nature designed to conceal and make it look good. I am capable of doing the work. I just don't know where to find the material. Any info would be very helpful and would be greatly appreciated.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
If the equipment is directly under the TV, you could just drop the cables inside the wall.

Get a couple of old work electrical boxes from the hardware store. They should come with a paper template for the hole you’ll need to cut. Cut both the holes where the cables coming out of the wall won’t be seen – i.e., directly behind the equipment. The boxes have cut-outs for cables to fit through.

Route the cables through the top box and into the wall, leaving enough slack up-top to get to the TV. Pull them out of the wall at the bottom hole. Then route them through the lower box. After it’s all in place, you can install the two boxes in the hole.

For covers, you can use standard blank plates with a round hole for a light dimmer. You can enlarge the hole as needed for the cables with a regular drill of the appropriate size, although a step-drill (a.k.a. Unibit) works much better.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks