Installer recommendation for southern CA?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Norris, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Norris

Norris Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

I might need some handyman work for my beginner HT set up. I have neither the skill nor time, and my wife thinks I'll destroy the family room, if not the house, if I do it! [​IMG] So do you guys have any referral? I'm in Orange County.

Thanks!

2. PhilBoy

PhilBoy Second Unit

I'll bet Orange County is pretty warm this time of year.

If you'll pay travelling expenses, I'll do it...[​IMG]

3. Norris

Norris Stunt Coordinator

OC is actually around 48 last night. during the day about 70. So you'll do the install for free if I pay your travel expenses? [​IMG]

4. PhilBoy

PhilBoy Second Unit

Jeez, I'll need shorts...

Last night it was 10 up here.

I'd love to do it for you, it's so much fun I probably would do it for free, but by 747 it's a 6 hour commute.

I'd have to get up half an hour before I go to bed.[​IMG]

Get 3 quotes to keep an honest man honest.

5. Pat Estes

Pat Estes Auditioning

Hey Norris,
    I live in Huntington Beach and I can set you up with a person who can get you going in the right direction. I am currently having my house remodeled and a home theater room being setup as a portion of that project. I was your position and I called numerous companies out to my house to give me a quote. Needless to say all of them wanted the shirt off my back to do it. A co-worker of mine just had a surround sound setup placed in his house and recommended me to a person name Larry Quick from “Home Theater Installations” (714-376-4325) out of Huntington Beach. He came by the house and gave me an extremely reasonable quote for the setup. He is also doing the cabinetry work and equipment in-wall racking system as well. I was happy that he did wood work also because that was one less person who needed to get involved ($). This guy does it all from mild to wild..

Good luck,

Pat Estes

P.S. If you want to drop by the house and look at project and gleen ideas, feel free to stop on by. Just let me know if your interested and I will email you my address.

6. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Another beach bum here, I too am in HB but, I did all the work myself so I cannot help out with any recommendations.

What are you setting up?

Peace Out~[​IMG]

7. Norris

Norris Stunt Coordinator

Pat: I sent you a PM.

Ron P: I'm gonna get either a DLP or plasma monitor soon, within 2 weeks. I'm trying to find a place for the other components away from the TV, so that all the cords/cables are not too visible. Just going for a cleaner look, that's what my wife wants, she hates all my speaker wires and other wires getting bunched up behing the stereo rack.

Thanks,