Installation questions

Discussion in 'Displays' started by John Whittle, Sep 3, 2005.

1. John Whittle

John Whittle Stunt Coordinator

Mar 22, 2004
    I finally put my 4805 up on the ceiling and now have a couple of finishing up things to do. Not wanting to cut into the ceiling to run cables what do you do? Just surface mount a wire conduit to run the cables back to the wall and down to the equipment?

Also do you keep a step ladder handy to put the lens cap back in place and be able to do any other adjustments or turn the projector off? I had planned on running the power back to a power strip and just switch it off there, but I'd like to hear what other have done.

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Feb 11, 2004
    If you don't want to mees with your ceiling, you don't have any other choice but to run wires on the surface. There are special wiremolds made to hide wires more attractively. Check at Home Depot or any electrical supply store. There is no reason to keep the lens cap on when not in use. Once you focus projector, you shouldn't have to mess with it. All other adjustments can be made with the remote. The power strip idea will work fine. Make sure it also is a quality surge suppressor strip.