Install a Curtain

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by BruceChao, Jan 5, 2004.

1. BruceChao

BruceChao Auditioning

My HT is in the living room with 5 or 6 windows around it and we really can't enjoy movies until it's dark.

I am thinking to install a curtain around the HT area so we can watch movie on weekend mornings.

Anybody has any suggestions? Can I get something at Home Depot?

THanks!

2. Ronald.H

Ronald.H Agent

I have a similar situation in my theater. I'm in the process of hanging a curtain across the back of the theater that will separate it from the rest of our basement (and block incoming light from our doors).

I bought a curtain track and hangers like what they use in hospitals from Medical Products. I'm having a wonderful friend create a black velvet curtain using material I bought from a fabric store. Total cost will be around $200.

You can click my home page link to see pics of my theater. As soon as the curtain is done, I'll update the pictures.

3. ZoranM

ZoranM Stunt Coordinator

I just did something similar to stop light from the bar/game area from the theater area and all I did was go to home depot bought some metal 1/2 inch electrical conduit

$2(10 feet), some nice looking fabric that was on clearance for about $20 (this was 4 pieces that were 7 feet by 7 feet) and sewed the top and bottom with a sewing machine. Ran the conduit through it and hung it up with nice brackets ($5)since all you can see is the brackets and the fabric. Total cost under $30 dollars and it looks very nice.

Also the conduit can can be bent for nice curved 90 degree angles or you can by 90 degree elbows with a nice curve if you need them.

Also if I don't want the curtains there it takes 2 minutes to pop off the conduit and put away the curtains. Usually I would leave them up, but if I have a big get together I want to open things up sometimes.

cheers,

Zed