What's new

Install a Curtain (1 Viewer)

BruceChao

Auditioning
My HT is in the living room with 5 or 6 windows around it and we really can't enjoy movies until it's dark.

I am thinking to install a curtain around the HT area so we can watch movie on weekend mornings.

Anybody has any suggestions? Can I get something at Home Depot?

THanks!

Ronald.H

Agent
I have a similar situation in my theater. I'm in the process of hanging a curtain across the back of the theater that will separate it from the rest of our basement (and block incoming light from our doors).

I bought a curtain track and hangers like what they use in hospitals from Medical Products. I'm having a wonderful friend create a black velvet curtain using material I bought from a fabric store. Total cost will be around $200.

You can click my home page link to see pics of my theater. As soon as the curtain is done, I'll update the pictures.

ZoranM

Stunt Coordinator
I just did something similar to stop light from the bar/game area from the theater area and all I did was go to home depot bought some metal 1/2 inch electrical conduit

$2(10 feet), some nice looking fabric that was on clearance for about $20 (this was 4 pieces that were 7 feet by 7 feet) and sewed the top and bottom with a sewing machine. Ran the conduit through it and hung it up with nice brackets ($5)since all you can see is the brackets and the fabric. Total cost under $30 dollars and it looks very nice.

Also the conduit can can be bent for nice curved 90 degree angles or you can by 90 degree elbows with a nice curve if you need them.

Also if I don't want the curtains there it takes 2 minutes to pop off the conduit and put away the curtains. Usually I would leave them up, but if I have a big get together I want to open things up sometimes.

cheers,

Zed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks