What's new

Inspector Cluseau - Volume 2 (Where are you?) (1 Viewer)

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
Anyone hear about the second and final release of the Inspector animated shorts? The first 17 shorts were released on March 4th 2008 and the second disc showed up in the Pink Panther & Friends Classic Cartoon Collection (released Jan 27th 2009); but will it be sold separately? I had already purchased the Pink Panther Classic Cartoon Collection (released Jan 31, 2006) and don't want to double dip on this huge collection. Any thoughts?

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
The ANT ..; Inspector 1 and 2 were released in Germany some months ago. No sign of the other "missing" cartoon not released as a single.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I too was looking for the second volume. The one thing with both the aarvark and the ant along with the inspector is that you can watch them over and over and still laugh. I always like sargent deaux deaux, especially how the inspector would correct his spanish/french translation. I like the single volume, because, i dont want to play $80 for the complete pink panther collection, which would include this volume. I did not like pink panther itself, but, the side characters which interested me more.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
Originally Posted by Joe*A

Anyone hear about the second and final release of the Inspector animated shorts? The first 17 shorts were released on March 4th 2008 and the second disc showed up in the Pink Panther & Friends Classic Cartoon Collection (released Jan 27th 2009); but will it be sold separately? I had already purchased the Pink Panther Classic Cartoon Collection (released Jan 31, 2006) and don't want to double dip on this huge collection. Any thoughts?
I also bought the Pink Panther Classic Cartoon Collection and the Inspector volume -- and I guess not having those remaining Inspector cartoons is my reward for doing so!

Though the detailed booklet with the essay on the Panther's history and the special features, especially those that focused on Friz Freleng, made it worthwhile.

Still would like to have a release of those remaining Inspectors, since I have all the Panthers. That's how I remember The Pink Panther Show -- on NBC with two Panther cartoons and one Inspector in the middle.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
judging from all the news coming out of MGM, you might just want to find a good deal on the mega-box to get the second half of the Inspectors

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
I need some advice. I just found at Future Shop a copy of the complete Pink Panther cartoons which include the Inspector's 2 disc volumes at the low price of $39.99. Now, do I purchase the collection knowing that I already own all the Pink Panther and Aardvark toons. Individually, I purchased volume 1 of Inspector for $9.99 as well as Ant & Aardvark. The only thing I'd be getting new is the 2nd volume of Inspector (which I really want) and the less desirable Ratfink toons. This means that Inspector volume 2 would really cost me 4 times what I paid for the 1st volume. What to do?

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
how about buying it and then selling the copies you dont want on e-bay

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508