Inspector Cartoons - DVDs when?

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
There are 34 incredible cartoons of Inspector Cluseau which I'm dying to get on DVD. Have they been released and if no, any idea when these gems would be released? Any news? In my opinion, these were funnier than the Pink Panther toons but not as witty. My favorite "Don't say si, say oui". Classic.

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe

Tony, please explain your response. Have the Cluseau cartoons made it to DVD but are not sold in North America (ie. Region 1) - please forgive my ignorance. As for the Pink Panther movie box set, only 1 episode of Cluseau has been included?

Thanks for the response, Tony.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
the first "inspector" cartoon pruduced/created is included on the vinyl package version of the pink panther movies box set

Real Name
Mick Hyperion
So, 17 of The Inspector cartoons are being released on DVD in Region 1 on March 4th. That leaves another 17 to be released in the future, though all of them have been available for about a year on iTunes as part of The Pink Panther Show Season 1.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
it'll be nice when they put out Vol. 2 so I can nab both sets and Ant and Aardvark on one of the MGM Buy 2 Get 1 Free sales.

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
They couldn't release all 34 toons together, could they? That would be silly, wouldn't it? Let's see, release 2 discs in the set instead of 1. Hmm, my brain had to work in overdrive on this one. For pete's sake, charge 50% more and sell the whole collection at once. I'd go for it. Wouldn't you?

Why do I see the Pink Panter Complete Complete Collection coming out again in a couple of years that will have Panther, Ant & Aardvark, and Cluseau all housed together in a nice neat package for say $40. Ahh, big business, you gotta love it.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Aren't there more series after this finishes next volume? Like 17 Tijuana Toads, 17 Hoot Kloot, 17 Roland and Ratfink, 17 Dogfather, 17 Blue Racer? I imagine the second Inspector will be next but they may put one of these out instead. Also needed Misterjaw and Crazylegs Crane. Oh if only Spider-Woman could get released.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian

Yes, those are the rest of the DePatie-Freleng Enterprises cartoon series. I'm not sure how many of these will get released. I'm betting on the rest of The Inspector and then maybe Tijuana Toads. Some of those others I've never seen or heard of before. Maybe we will get all of the one that were released theatrically before they moved to TV. I'd like to have all of those series. I do remember Misterjaw. It was pretty funny.

The only thing I'm worried about is that for Tijuana Toads we would get the more PC Texas Toads. Several of these other DePatie-Freleng Enterprises cartoons, when shown on TV are edited.

Kevin L McCorry

Second Unit
Good news, provisionally. What happened last summer (and still no explanation for that) is still very much on my mind. Until I see disc art up on Amazon, I'll take this announcement with many grains of salt.

Mark Y

Screenwriter

The other thing is that a lot of the other DFE cartoon series weren't part of "The Pink Panther Show" (Hoot Kloot, Dogfather, Roland & Ratfink, etc.) I have the Panther megaset and the Ant & Aardvark DVD and I'm looking forward to the Inspector...glad to have them. But the whole collection may have been served better if it had been done like the Woody Woodpecker set, that is, follow the Panther in order and add some of the other DFE shorts as extras. How else would they get released? (A&A and Inspector are getting released by riding the coattails of the Panther, as if they are part of that series, even though the Panther never appears.) Would the market have sustained more than one Panther set?

Anyway, I'm glad the Inspector is coming.

Forum Sponsors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaywess