What's new

Insomniacs (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
What medicine or remedy to you use? Over the counter or prescription?

It's about 9am and I still can't get to sleep. :angry: I feel tired and cold when I get out of bed to move around but when I get in bed I can't seem to get sleepy.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Hi, sorry you can sleep but I feel your pain. Several years ago I was on Zoloft and it causes insomina. I still have trouble with it, 3 years later. I went to GNC but you can find this stuff most anywhere, its called Valarian Root and it in pill form. It smells like dirty gym socks but it does the trick, pretty quickly as well. You could also try Benadryl with an antihistamine.

Good luck and hopfully sweet dreams.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Scott, it might be best to check with a doctor. What's keeping you awake? Racing thoughts? Stress? Depression? Too much caffeine? An uncomfortable bed? Allergies? Aches and pains? Or do you just spend too much time enjoying that awesome gaming HTPC of yours? ;)

A comfortable bed and uninterrupted sleep are the best cures I know for insomnia. I tried Ambien once (which seems to be the sleeping pill du jour) and it did nothing for me but make my hearing go wacky. Then I was back awake.

Best of luck.

- Steve

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I had this problem before, I went to the Doc and he gave me a prescription for some droswy medication. It worked and I only had to use it for 2-3 weeks before my sleeping was back to normal. Plus if I had trouble sleeping I could just take a pill and get into bed (not as bad as it sounds, very rare).

Just wondering if the latest over the counter stuff was worth checking out over a doctor visit.

What's keeping me awake is just a wandering mind and an evil monkey in the closet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks