What's new

Insomnia Trailer (1 Viewer)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen the original and I hope this isn't just an unneccessary version that is nearly a shot-for-shot remake. I viewed the trailer a couple of days ago and i'm definately intrigued. Robin Williams had me worried on paper but I think he has the potential to pull off this role.
I'm gonna stick with the original 1997 Norgegian, non-Hollywood version.
You have to admit that it is going to be interesting to see Christopher Nolan's follow up to Memento as i'm sure a lot of the people on this forum are. Also having Al Pacino in this doesn't hurt :).

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Man the original is one of my favorite movies of the 90s and its depressing to see it remade.. but, Memento was my favorite movie of 2001 so it's in good hands.. but then again, wish he would do something original.

Oh well.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I just downloaded this trailer and looks interesting. I'm most excited that this movie teams four really good people: Al Pacino, Christopher Nolan, Hillary Swank and Robin Williams.

I wasn't aware that this is a remake but with said people involved, I have high hopes for it.

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
The preview looked pretty strong - interesting music too.

I also enjoyed the first movie but was bothered by what I perceived to be significant plot/premise holes.

Let's hope for the best.

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I just watched the original Insomnia tonight amd enjoyed it greatly. I then went and watched the trailer on my computer and noticed that once again hollywood seems to be holding me by the hand and making everything clear and overly dramatic so I will get it and I will be moved by it. Personally I think the subtle original version was enough and it did not spell everything out for me, which I enjoy.

By the way....Rich what plot holes are you talking about?

-Eric

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I welcome Robin Williams in any role that doesn't involve Disney, dressing in drag, Chris Columbus or soaring manipulative musical montages. :)
Williams as a hardcore psycho? Sounds intriguing!

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
By the way....Rich what plot holes are you talking about?
Spoiler.. Spoiler .... spoiler
So, this killer knows where this backpack is and doesn't take care of it because why? Somehow, the killer who washes the victims hair will leave her backpack around when he knows about it? Not a huge gap but just unbelievable.
I found it more than distracting that the killer shoots another cop during the chase scene. With the lead detective knowing this, it is implausible that he would think that he can get away lying about shooting his partner (as the bullets won't match). It is also implausible that the slug isn't found. Why even have the cop be shot at all? No point!
What was in the movie that allows us to buy that a meticulous killer can effectively and convinceably black mail a detective and have the detective walk free at the end (but mentally haunted) and the killer dead? For example, what's keeping the detective from just wasting the killer? Why would he try to set up the young lover? Some things you try to go along with because you know the detective is ill - but that doesn't make the killer stupid, does it?
Also, the director obviously wanted to have the detective know that the female detective is on to him in the end. The problem is that there is no good way she does know so they invent this "oh, I went back to the crime scene and found this casing from a Swedish Gun .... like with a cop dead they wouldn't go through the crime scene with a fine tooth comb the first time. Please.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks